Friday 22 January 2016

Weight loss and fitness

I currently weigh in at 14 stone 11, at my heaviest I was 20 stone at my lightest I was 14 stone 4. 
After watching Mrs W start running around about June 2014 I decided to embark on the Couch25K programme, literally unable to run 100 yards without feeling like I was going to die, the first couple if running/walking sessions  were quite manageable, spurred on by a nice lady and my music over the headphones. 
A few weeks in and I was able to run for 8 minutes non stop which felt like a great achievement, quitting never occurred to me because I'm stubborn, the sweaty feeling and the post run hot shower were becoming quite addictive, I lost 8 pounds in the first week. 
Getting near the end of the 9week programme I entered the Manchester 10K  race for the following May 2015, completed it in 1 hour 9 minutes, very proud of myself, and good money raised for "When you Wish Upon a Star? More about them later

No comments:

Post a Comment